Thursday, October 6, 2011

Goodbye Steve Jobs...

Today, the world has lost one of the amazing human being ever lived, Mr. Steve Jobs… (1955 - 2011)


Excerpts from President Barack Obama's statement:
Steve was among the greatest of American innovators — brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world, and talented enough to do it. By building one of the planet’s most successful companies from his garage, he exemplified the spirit of American ingenuity. By making computers personal and putting the internet in our pockets, he made the information revolution not only accessible, but intuitive and fun. And by turning his talents to storytelling, he has brought joy to millions of children and grownups alike. Steve was fond of saying that he lived every day like it was his last. Because he did, he transformed our lives, redefined entire industries, and achieved one of the rarest feats in human history: he changed the way each of us sees the world.

Maybe I'm just a Mac user and a fan of his work, but I believed in him. Something amazing about Steve is that he's a person who did followed his dreams and made something great for man kind. What I like from Obama's excerpts is "And by turning his talents to storytelling, he has brought joy to millions of children and grownups alike." It is so true. Maybe Steve Jobs was once a nerd, but what makes him stand out from other nerds is his ability of storytelling. Storytelling is the most basic thing that a human being have. For the first years of childhood, children learnt lots of things from storytelling. And as an adult, don't you think that you're not doing it anymore? Well, I guess that's not true. Everything single song, movie, books, even blogs are about storytelling. Even when you work as a marketing agent, you have to tell a story to get a customer, don't you? So I believed that storytelling is an essential part in human live, and Steve Jobs has done a very great job to help us make storytelling a big part in our lives.

Steve Jobs' live is a live that is so worth to capturing. How he spent his live doing the thing he loved, going through those ups and downs in life and still came out and made something good for man kind. He had big dreams and he did made it to life. I guess that's the kind of spirit I needed to continue living my dreams.


I'm a Apple fan even since I don't have money to buy one. The first Apple that I bought was the first generation of iPod Shuffle. I did some work in my college just to get it. At that time, we didn't have an Apple Store yet, so I bought it with the help of my friend's sister who lives in the US. I love my little shuffle so much! Then after college, I worked for about 6 months to earn my first Macbook! Something that I always wanted to have (and I still use it)! The love of Apple products landed me a job at the first ever Apple store in my city! It was a short 3-unforgettable-months before I left for a job at the bank. I was in a big dilemma at that time; to worked at my favorite store or go on a more serious job. Well, I guess faith had took me somewhere else, because later on, I experienced more life turning adventures.

That's what Apple is for me. I love the products because of the great vision behind it. I planned to buy the last Steve Jobs product, "iPhone 4s" once it's released in my country. A friend of mine wrote on his FB; why the new product was not iPhone 5 like everyone's prediction, maybe it's because iPhone 4s stands for iPhone "for" Steve. Well, whatever that is, Steve Jobs was the a great artist that exist in my time. GOODBYE AND THANK YOU MR. STEVE JOBS…



2 comments:

  1. I have nominated you to receive Versatile Blogger Award! If you are willing to participate, just follow the three simple rules :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bam :) what are the rules?

    ReplyDelete