Monday, October 17, 2011

Book Hunting


Book hunting is one of my favorite things to do. Well, of course I like new books, but buying a "second-handed" book is also fine with me. A few weekend ago, I when to this huge supermarket (kinda like Walmart in USA), and found a section of old books. The books were really really old! But nevertheless, I have lots of time, so I thought, why not try to find "some hidden treasure"!

It was so much fun, I spent almost an hour to find my hidden treasure hahaha... My aim was for the books of my favorite author, Paulo Coleho, but I had no lucky with it. Maybe because the book was still kinda "new". Then I tried to find older books from my other favorite author, Katherine Paterson. I loved reading her books when I was in high school. I have three of her books, and others I only read in the library (my favorite place on earth!). I was hoping to get a copy of "The Great Gilly Hopkins" in English. It was my favorite of them all. But errr... No luck on that too! It's relatively hard to find in my place. I'm hoping someday I will find it =)


After searching and searching and hoping there's a system like Google where I could just type-in what I'm searching for, I finally found these books that I still found it worthy. Those books are:

- The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. I've watched the movie many of times, maybe about 15 times and still can feel the emotion (a.k.a I still cry through the movie hahaha...). I've read the book before, but not the English version, so I was happy I got this one.

- The Mermaid Chair, another book by Sue Monk Kidd. I've consider to read this book a few years ago, but never bought it until now. I hope it will be as touching as the first book I mentioned.

- A Year In Provence, by Peter Mayle. Quite an interesting title and I love the book cover although I know I literally shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but to be honest, this book cover gave me a very good first impression. Lately, I don't know why, but I'm so attracted in books about changing how someone's lives.

- Bridget Jones - The Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding. Watched the movie but never read the book. Not a favorite category, but I guess it's just a nice light reading.

So I guess I have a lot of reading to do! HAPPY READING!

2 comments:

  1. I am a late convert but have recently begun reading on a Kindle. Don't get me wrong, I love books, but since we've had to downsize I don't have room for tons of books like we used to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Those books are a bit heavy to have it on a travel, so I guess that Kindle would be a good idea. But I still wanna fill in the space in my house with lots of books until it's really really full! HAHAHA....

    ReplyDelete