Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Notebook

A notebook can be somebody's life. Like Hemingway, he wrote his stories on a pocket notebook, and look where his writings end up! Don't you know that writing in a notebook is an art of life? It can give you directions on life, documenting every emotional feelings, and it's like a silent friend that will always be glad to hear from you.


We I was little, my teacher always thought me to write a journal. Of course as a child I draw more than I write, but I always love it! I'm so crazy with pocket notebooks. I always have a new one every year. I'm not that discipline, but I never give up! I always have this spirit of starting a new one. Sometimes I can finished the whole year with lots of stories, sometimes it was just a bad year that I didn't write much.

This is my journal at school back when I was in second grade. See the date was 15th February 1991! HAHAHA... I didn't end-up being an architect, but I did become a bank officer! It's so bizarre! When I started to work at the bank, I remembered about this journal.

I've tried various of digital notebooks, but it's not as satisfying as the old fashioned one. The notebook! This year, I got a nice purple notebook that really helped me start this blog. I don't always have the chance to sit with my Macbook and write what I feel, but I can always write it down! It's so handy if you have an idea in the middle of the night. I want to write what I feel when I still can feel it. I don't want to wait because the feeling can disappeared.

See this lovely notebook art from Moleskine. Moleskine is the brand for notebooks that even Hemingway, Vincent van Gogh, and Pablo Picasso had used. This will certainly be on my wish list!

Artist Juliedenoyer


Artist Federico Mazzoni


Artist Federico Mazzoni

Do you have a notebook?

No comments:

Post a Comment